Solicitors!

1:04 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
So, I was on my way to a visiting teaching appointment with Merrill in the stroller and I simply nodded to a girl with a backpack on a bike on the opposite side of the street... THAT WAS ALL IT TOOK!
She tackled me, pinned me down and tried to sell me children's books for hundreds of dollars!
Ok, so that was a little exaggeration, but not far off! I am constantly amazed by the tactics used by some of these people and it doesn't help that I try to be friendly and listen to them, I am naive enough to not realize that they are sales people until they start talking about pricing! This one was performing under the pretense of being a student from Europe and needing credit to practice her english with someone and learning new english reading techniques. UG!
I am proud to say that I was able to swoop in with decency, honesty and only managed only a 15 time waste!

3 comments:

Smiley Family said...

Seriously, what is with all these solicitors! There seems to be an abundance lately - I was recently stopped in the dairy section at Walmart by an oriental gal! I don't even remember what she was trying to sell me, but I very quickly told her I was not interested. Instead of thanking me for my time or telling me to have a nice day, she simply gave me 'a look' and walked away!

Rachelle said...

You have joined the blogging world! That is great.By the way it is Rachelle Loiseau, but you probably already knew. It has been a long time! How ya doin' by the way?

whitney said...

I'm sooo the same way. I'm really just too nice to not listen to their little spiels, even though I hate being cornered. I'm slooowly getting better at just saying "no, thank you."