Western Family Wins!

7:36 PM Edit This 4 Comments »

The Grocery Guru advertises a cheaper and easier way to buy groceries - I tried the basics of his method, and I was running through the store, thumbing through coupons, and found other brands right next to the recommend ones that were the same price or cheaper! For me, Western Family Wins! They are easy to find, inexpensive products, and I don't have to mess with coupons. Yes, I do appreciate the weekly menu from "the guru", I use it as a suggestion and get all Western Family brand products instead! 

4 comments:

Zachary said...

What most people don't know is that MUCH of Western Family is actually made by the same company that makes the name brand stuff, from the exact same ingredients. They just market it through a different name.

Heather said...

I was going to say the SAME thing that zachary said! It's true! Sometimes it's even the very same company and brand it's just a LOT cheaper for that company to market it through a store brand! There isn't really ANY difference in them... it's a GREAT way to save a TON of money.

Did you know that you'll actually SAVE money by NOT shopping at Wal-Mart too?! There, you usually see things that arent are your list but b/c they are stratigically placed for you, you end up spending more there!

Smiley Family said...

Ditto!- both to you and the other comments. I have become quite a fan of generic brands. There has only been a couple times that I felt I could taste a difference, but it was minimal.

leslie jo said...

I agree and I DO the coupon thing for my brand name stuff. But heck no to generic Mac N Cheese something about Kraft is just better!