Healing Field

10:56 AM Edit This 2 Comments »
Late post! Sorry all, but better late than never! : )
We took Merrill to the Healing Field again this year. I am so glad that the Colonial Flag Foundation still puts up this display.
For those of my friends that don't know what this is... on the one year anniversary of the September 11th tragedy, the company I used to work for put up 3000 flags (one for every life lost that day). Since then, this idea has spread across the country and now the world as a multi national fundraiser program for a variety of causes and occasions. It is a beautiful tribute and a very reverent place to be. Although sometimes I miss the opportunity to be involved with my patriotic coworkers, I appreciate the opportunity to take my family and remember.



Merrill was much more involved this year and walked through wanting to touch certain flags. It was really cool to watch him experience it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really cool! You know what else is cool in a totally different way? Your Halloween blog wallpaper!

whitney said...

Such a cool thing! Didn't you do a post on this from last year too? It seems so familiar. Isn't it fun to watch the kiddos grow up and experience things that mean so much to us?