Moving Memoirs

5:56 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
We are moving tomorrow. I have been spending the last two weeks just working, organizing and packing. I have not really thought about the fact that I am leaving. Don't get me wrong - I am so excited! I am excited to be closer to friends and family and to have more room! There are so many things I am happy for. Something just hit me today as Merrill was in his bath before bedtime... this is the only home he has ever known. This is the home I brought him home to. He had all of his firsts here. His baths in the bathroom sink, his first steps in the living room on his birthday, his first words, his first time wrestling with Daddy, his first time kissing Mommy... everything.
I guess what I am trying to say is that this year and a half has been no doubt the hardest of my life, I guess because of all of the hard times, as crazy as it sounds, I am endeared to this place for giving me a home.  I guess the bare walls, lack of sleep and boxes everywhere just got to me. This is a good close to this season of our lives, and I am excited for what is ahead.
On a fun note - we had fun playing with some painters tape again!

2 comments:

whitney said...

yay! yay! for moving...but you're right, there's definitely some sad along with the happy when you're leaving a place. Good luck w/everything!

(and congrats on your fast condo sell-I'm impressed!)

Kendall and Melissa said...

I felt the same way when we moved to Illinois. We had been in that apartment for 3 years, had brought home 3 new babies, and had millions of memories of firsts and lasts and everything in between. Now when we go to a hotel the kids say "Is this our new house?" I guess they still don't really understand the concept of moving. :)