7:35 AM Edit This 5 Comments »
Christmas things I have been thinking about:
1 - I am super excited for the Christmas this year!
2 - This will be Merrill's 2nd Christmas (last year he was only 2 months old and didn't really care - not that he will this year, but I will!)
3 - I love everything about Christmas - trees, lights, smells, feelings, food, everything!
4 - Our 4 year anniversary is coming up too! Dec 17th, I can't believe it.
5 -  As much as I love Christmas and the whole season, to me Christmas shouldn't start until the day after Thanksgiving - however with all of the decorations up, music on the radio etc. - I am getting excited early. I just hope I am not sick of it by the time the actually holiday rolls around!
6 - Mark and I already bought our Christmas presents for each other online when we bought Matt's birthday present to save on shipping, but I have wrapped them and hid them away so that we can have the fun anticipation, and hopefully forget what we bought!
7 - I am looking for any good Christmas recipes anyone wants to share!
8 - I miss my high school choir days where we performed Christmas songs multiple times a week all around. (Nursing homes, church parties, etc.)
9 - I am looking forward to Christmas morning, we get to spend it with Mark's side of the family this year and they are awesome!!!
10 -  I wished I had practiced the piano more so I could play the Christmas songs for myself and didn't have to sing along with the radio. (But I have told myself I can't listen to too much Christmas music until after Thanksgiving!)
That's all for now, but by the way HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

I agree with you Deb! I LOVE Christmas time! I have been going around singing "Candle light Carol" remember that song??? Our ward choir is singing it this year and Aaron is the director so I've been walking around pretending to have a lit candle in my hand singing the song! He makes fun of me but I miss those days of good old Encore too! There is just such a special feeling to Christmas! I can't do much about Christmas until after Thanksgiving too. It just doesn't feel right to jip Thanksgiving that way! :) I'm glad you and Mark are doing well! Love you guys!

anoyce said...

Fun! Fun! I can't wait for the holidays!! It is so fun anticipating Thanksgiving and Christmas! I complete agree with you! The lights, sounds, and smells of Christmas are SO fun and SO exciting!!

Heather said...

Please, I don't want a Thanksgiving this year. It's just going to deter me away from loosing more weight (or just add to the stuff Christmas will do) I helped my parents put up their Christmas tree tonight! I think we're going to put ours up on Saturday too. ;) That's just me though. Thanksgiving is boring to me...

Kendall and Melissa said...

I am totally psyched for Christmas this year too. Avri and Talmage are going to be a blast this year! And we are in our own house and my family will come to us, and the list just goes on and on. I'm really excited about the gifts that we are giving to everyone in the family this year. I can't say enough how much I love it!! I'm actually excited about THanksgiving too. And I'm with you on missing Encore this time of year. We get out the old CD and listen to the songs every year!

whitney said...

yay! yay! for Christmas! You'll just love it w/Merrill being a little older. It just get's better as they get bigger.